If you’re looking for a way to slim down your face, you might have come across bichectomy surgery. This procedure, which involves removing fat pads from the cheeks, has become increasingly popular in recent years. And if you’re considering getting it done, Turkey might be a great destination to do so. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about bichectomy surgery in Turkey.
What is Bichectomy Surgery?
Bichectomy surgery, also known as buccal fat removal, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that involves removing the fat pads in the cheeks to create a slimmer, more contoured facial appearance. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can be done on an outpatient basis, and the results are permanent.
How is Bichectomy Surgery Done?
During the procedure, the surgeon will make small incisions on the inside of the cheeks and remove the fat pads. The incisions are then closed with dissolvable stitches. The procedure usually takes about an hour, and patients can go home the same day.
Who is a Good Candidate for Bichectomy Surgery?
Good candidates for bichectomy surgery are individuals who have excess fat in their cheeks and desire a slimmer facial appearance. It’s important to have realistic expectations and understand that the procedure can only remove a certain amount of fat.
What are the Risks and Side Effects?
Like any surgery, bichectomy surgery carries some risks and potential side effects. These include infection, bleeding, bruising, and swelling. It’s important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to minimize these risks and ensure proper healing.
Why Choose Turkey for Bichectomy Surgery?
Turkey has become a popular destination for medical tourism, and for good reason. The country has a well-established healthcare system, with modern facilities and highly skilled medical professionals. Additionally, the cost of bichectomy surgery in Turkey is significantly lower than in many other countries.
How to Choose a Clinic in Turkey for Bichectomy Surgery?
When choosing a clinic in Turkey for bichectomy surgery, it’s important to do your research. Look for clinics that are accredited and have a good reputation. Read reviews from past patients and ask for before-and-after photos of their work. It’s also important to communicate with the clinic and the surgeon to ensure you feel comfortable and confident with their expertise.
What Should You Expect During Your Trip to Turkey?
When traveling to Turkey for bichectomy surgery, you should plan to arrive a few days before the procedure to allow time for consultations and any necessary tests. You should also plan to stay in Turkey for at least a week after the procedure to ensure proper healing and follow-up appointments.
What About Language and Communication?
While language barriers can be a concern when traveling to a foreign country for medical treatment, many clinics in Turkey have English-speaking staff and translators available. It’s important to communicate with the clinic before your trip to ensure that language won’t be a barrier to your treatment.
Bichectomy surgery can be an effective way to achieve a slimmer, more contoured facial appearance. And Turkey is a great destination to consider for this procedure, with high-quality medical facilities and skilled professionals available at a lower cost than in many other countries. However, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable clinic to ensure a safe and successful outcome.
- How long does the recovery period last after bichectomy surgery?
- The recovery period usually lasts about two weeks, during which you should avoid strenuous activity and follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions.
- Is bichectomy surgery painful?
- Patients may experience some discomfort and soreness for a few days after the surgery, but pain is usually minimal and can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- Will bichectomy surgery leave visible scars?
- The incisions made during bichectomy surgery are typically made inside the mouth, so there will not be visible scars on the face.
- How long does it take to see the results of bichectomy surgery?
- While some swelling and bruising may occur immediately after the surgery, patients can typically see the full results of their bichectomy surgery within a few weeks to a month.
- Are there any long-term effects of bichectomy surgery?
- Bichectomy surgery is a safe and effective procedure with minimal long-term effects. However, it’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid gaining weight in the cheeks again.